I try to be flexible to meet the needs of each individual. My work is informed by Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, EMDR, Lifespan Integration, The Gottman Institute, Narrative Therapy, and Depth Psychology. As we work together, I will seek your feedback about what is working for you and we will adjust along the way.
In our work together we might engage in any of the following, depending on your preferences and where the therapy takes us:
• Attending to thoughts/feelings/actions and choosing the ones that support growth.
• Tapping into your personal strengths and gifts
• Skill building for managing anxiety and depression
• An exploration of core wounds and beliefs
• Body awareness and mindfulness practices
• Noticing themes and patterns that appear to provide information for healing
• Processing trauma, grief, and loss
• Use of creative expression
• Symptom dialogues
• Dream work
• An exploration of your spiritual path
The video below explains EMDR therapy